As seen on TechCrunch.
Slated is a keyboard extension – it can replace your keyboard in other apps, letting you converse in another language. And just by simply copying any text in that language, you'll see it translated back into yours. So you can and a friend can both type in a foreign language–even if it's foreign to both of you!
Works with SMS, iMessage, WeChat, KakaoTalk, Kik, WhatsApp, Line, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Skype, and your favorite messaging app. Or any app that uses text!
Text someone “hello” or “I love you” in their native language, or a language you want to learn.
Communicate better, worlds away. Even learn a new language just by texting!
HOW TO INSTALL THE KEYBOARD:
1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards
2. Add New Keyboard…
3. Choose Translation – Slated and enable Full Access*
HOW TO USE SLATED:
● From your normal keyboard, press and hold the bottom left button (usually a globe or smiley), and select Slated from the list
● Once visible, choose the language you want to translate to by tapping the … button
● Type anything, and tap the translation that shows up to replace your text
● If you want to “reverse translate” text, just copy it and it will show up translated just above the keyboard buttons
Currently supports the following languages:
THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.